A program that bypasses video restrictions based on your country
- Category Encryption
- Program license Free
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Size 2.69 MB
- Works under: Windows XP / Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows Vista / Windows 7
- Program available in English
- Program by Steganos Software GmbH
OkayFreedom VPN allows you to securely access blocked websites and content wherever you are!
Tired of dealing with “This content is not available in your country” notices every time you browse? Does your employer block access to your favorite social media sites? Want to access your favorite sites when traveling abroad? OkayFreedom does this and so much more.
OkayFreedom creates a secure connection between you and the website you want to visit, and blocks everyone (even your employer or ISP!) from monitoring or moderating your internet browsing.
If you’re trying to visit a website that’s geoblocked (blocked because your country doesn’t allow access to this content, for example) you’ll be able to use the service to change your IP address to make it look like you live in another country, completely bypassing the block.
It’s important to note that this is one of the few VPN services out there that will allow file sharing while connected. Some users have reported speeds up to 70mbps (about 7MB/s download) while connected to the American and UK servers, so it’s very reliable. Free users get 2GB of free bandwidth each month; if you need more bandwidth, you’ll have to upgrade to a pro account.
That being said, some have reported issues with accessing some content in Mainland China, but this seems to affect only a small percentage of users of the service. There have also been reports of the software trying to secretly install hidden adware in the background during installation, so be careful.
Overall OkayFreedom has a lot to offer users that want to be able to access all the internet has to offer from home, at work, and abroad. There may be problems bypassing the Great Firewall of China, but that’s a challenge every VPN faces. Check out a quick rundown of the good and bad below.
- Access Websites Blocked in Certain Countries This service will allow you to bypass country-specific blocks on content like streaming videos, news websites and more.
- Stay Safe on Public Wi-Fi Hotspots Securely browse the web knowing your data is safe, even on public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Protect Your Privacy Online Stop ISPs, corporations and others snooping on your browsing history and habits in their tracks with OkayFreedom.
- Safe for File Sharing With speeds up to 70mbps, you’ll be able to securely share and download files fast.
- May Contain Adware Some users have reported that this software may install adware into your computer during installation. We haven’t found any evidence of this but you might want to run a check after installation, just to stay safe.
- Only 2GB Free Each Month Free users get 2GB of free bandwidth each month, after that expect to pay for a pro account.
- Interface Could Use Some Work While this program works great, the interface can be a little clunky and could definitely use some work.